III International Agsu Symposium of Historic Sites and Monuments
Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Azerbaijan
State Service of Cultural Heritage Conservation, Development and Rehabilitation
"Medieval Agsu City" State Historical and Cultural Reserve
MIRAS Social Organization in Support of Studying of Cultural Heritage
Caucasus Heritage Research İnstitute
YOCOCU Association of Italy
Agsu Training Center
15-17 October 2021
The Symposium Committee announces submission of paper and poster. The symposium will be held online on 15-17 October, 2021 since pandemics ongoing.
Main subjects are as follows:
• Azerbaijani archaeology during COVID-19
• Cultural heritage issues of Karabakh in Post-War period
• Material culture: relations and comparisons
• Archaeology and the environment
• Historic sites and cultural heritage monuments of Azerbaijan
• Protection problems of monuments
• World Heritage: Historic sites and monuments
• Socialization of cultural heritage
These topics make the basis of articles to be posted on YouTube, ZOOM discussions and Twitter sessions. Our colleagues who wish to organize a session on another topic can contact the organizers (contact information is below).
Although we lack live communication, we understand that online conference is accessible to a wider geography. Thus, we will look forward to the papers of our colleagues and friends who are not able to attend symposiums. We also understand that the full digital experience, especially digital one, is not yet a complete solution to the problem. So we are working both our current and future symposiums to be more accessible.
Instructions for paper submission:
Symposium papers are accepted in two ways:
1. Official, pre-written, 15-minute presentations available on YouTube before the symposium. They will be included in the broadcast lists of the sessions, and then live discussion will be through ZOOM with the participation of the chairman and speakers, with the time for questions and answers.
2. Unofficial articles on Twitter, consisting of 12-15 tweets, 15 minutes on Twitter and 5 minutes for answers and questions. They can be presented in any language.
Pre-prepared presentations should include a slide presentation. Although we accept pre-written presentations in any language, presentations in languages other than English must have either English slides or English subtitles.
Rules for posters:
We invite our colleagues who are not willing to attend with a paper to join with posters to be posted on Instagram account of Agsu Reserve. We are sure that these posters, which are structurally different, will be welcomed by the audience. Posters must contain of maximum 10 images and 2,200 characters (including the title of the article, information about you, any information about the pictures) and up to 30 hashtags, also the hashtag of the Symposium. The posters will be posted on our official Instagram account during the conference.
Rules for submission of papers and posters:
You are asked to send your paper and poster in 150 words, including title and summary, to an email: firstname.lastname@example.org by Mon., October 5, 2021. You should add the following to the letter:
• Name and Surname
• Academic degree, work place
• Educational degree for students
• Note what you will participate with as: “pre-written paper”, “Twitter paper”, or “poster”,
• Add 3-5 keywords related to your research.
If you would like to suggest a session on another topic, please add a title and a summary, as well as a list of speakers. You will be sent instruction on the rules of writing and submitting a paper. If you have any questions regarding this or other issue, including presentation languages, please contact an email: email@example.com.
Agsu Training Center building / Agsu
Symposium Honorary Committee:
Minister of Culture of the Republic of Azerbaijan
Symposium Scientific Committee:
Prof.Dr. Jafar GIYASI
Prof.Dr. Gafar JABIYEV
Prof.Dr. Kubra ALIYEVA
Prof.Dr. Minekhanim Nuriyeva-TAKLALI
Prof.Dr. Shikar GASIMOV
Prof.Dr. Nargiz ALIYEVA
Dr. Fariz KHALILLI
Dr. Habiba ALIYEVA
Dr. Elmira ABASOVA
Dr. Gunel SEYIDAHMADLI
Prof.Dr. Recep KARADAĞ
Dr. Metin HAKVERDIOĞLU
Dr. Afina BARMANBAY
Dr. Ahmet AYTAC
Prof.Dr. Luigi SCRINZI
Dr. Andrea MACCHIA
Prof.Dr. Rubin ZEMON
Prof.Dr. Zoran MATEVSKİ
Simposium Organizing Committee:
Chairman of Organizing Committee
Chairperson for State Service of Cultural Heritage Conservation, Development and Rehabilitation of Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Azerbaijan
Members of Organizing Committee:
Dr. Fariz KHALILLI
Dr. Fariz KHALILLI: 00994508764043